Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Shutting off and won't turn on

So my Galaxy S4 is doing this weird thing where if I press the power button on the side to shut the screen off the "power options" show up and the phone shuts down and then won't turn back on.... And I'm not pressing the button down long enough for the power options to pop up. Now it won't turn on at all. I can take out the battery and put it back in and the screen will turn on then shut off seconds later.

I'm guessing it's a bad battery but my phone has no water damage and I haven't damaged anything

Any ideas?

Thanks

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Shutting off and won't turn on

Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to try a new battery? That would certainly answer the question quickly. Otherwise, take your current battery out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a sign of failure.

Another thing to try is to remove the microSD card. If it's corrupt, it can cause various problems.