- 1 Posts
hey, an android newbie here. I am using a moto g from the last 2 months. Its running pretty smoothly, accept today its causing some problems. Some of the google play services are being updated automatically. And yes, I have disabled the automatic update
s from google play settings. Still the downloads are not stopping. Also the updating notification keeps disappearing and coming back. Like it updates for 2 mins and than disappears and than comes back again. Its pretty annoying. I've tried force stopping the download manager but it won't work. Turning off the phone won't work. Only way to stop this is by disabling the download manager. Why is this happening? How to stop it? I am using mobile data, not even Wi-Fi. Please help people!
- 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM #2
Re: Automatic Updates
Welcome to Android Central! Is it "Google Play Services" that's updating, or various Google apps like Google+, Google Drive, etc.? If it's Google Play Services, you should let that update, because more and more, it's becoming more important for the normal functioning of the phone. In the past year or so, Google has been moving away from throwing all of its major Android advances into system updates, and instead doing it more piecemeal by breaking things up into Google Play Services and the various Google apps.
- By killspy6 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5Replies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2014, 12:20 PM
- By stitch19 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2014, 03:09 PM
- By mark5019 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 12Last Post: 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
- By motley2thebone in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:36 PM
- By Ikram Issa in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM