Samsung Galaxy S3 blacks out!

A

AC Question

My S3 screen blacks out just randomly, then gradually comes back on, very dark at first but then seems to return back to normal. When I power my phone up the two function keys light up and the LED flashes like normal but the screen is just black. When it does this, it takes about thirty minutes for the screen to start lighting up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's becoming a real inconvenience!

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My S3 screen blacks out just randomly, then gradually comes back on, very dark at first but then seems to return back to normal. When I power my phone up the two function keys light up and the LED flashes like normal but the screen is just black. When it does this, it takes about thirty minutes for the screen to start lighting up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's becoming a real inconvenience!

Have you tried:

-Battery pull

-factory reset

-checking if warranty is still valid.

-consulting with Samsung technician.

-flashing a different Rom

Got a similar problem with my Samsung galaxy s2 but its just the bottom half of the screen, im guessing its this OLED technology every one boasts about.

As for my s2 its hopeless so im planning to replace it within a month or less.

Other than this all I can suggest is send it in to be fixed or buy a new phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also try taking the battery out, setting on a flat, smooth surface and try to spin it. If it does, the battery is bulged and must be replaced.

Brought to you by CM11, an M8, and the AC Forums App.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty