Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris Reed
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts From a Z1 backup to my s5

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, my Z1 took a 45 story plunge into concrete and well, nothing left of it. I just purchased a S5 and found that smart switch doesn't like the z1. I am an Ironworker and my livelihood depends on the contacts I've made over the years and it did not sync any of my contacts to my google account (Angry at sony)

If anyone can help me with this, I'd be much appreciative

Default Re: Contacts From a Z1 backup to my s5

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Reed View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem, my Z1 took a 45 story plunge into concrete and well, nothing left of it. I just purchased a S5 and found that smart switch doesn't like the z1. I am an Ironworker and my livelihood depends on the contacts I've made over the years and it did not sync any of my contacts to my google account (Angry at sony)

If anyone can help me with this, I'd be much appreciative
    If your contacts are in the cloud anywhere, they must be on a Sony Account? Have you tried there? Maybe you can add your Sony Account to your S5 and see if that syncs...

Glad YOU didn't take that 45 story plunge... BTW, a Boilermaker wouldn't have this problem.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Boilermakers are usually stuck in their own tanks No I don't have a sony account to work off of, I need my contacts from this file I cannot open or access.
    RumoredNow likes this.

If the contacts are not in the cloud... I assume your computer won't connect with the smashed phone. You would need a forensic data recovery service... Do a web search for a service near you.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed
    Thanked by: