Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow Nova Launcher Prime - No SMS notification sounds

I have had Nova launcher Prime for a year and I love it. However recently - For some reason, unless 1.The phone is locked or 2. Any other app is open, I do NOT get the SMS notification sound at all. I tested this in Touch Wiz and it works every single time without fail - so it must be a Nova Launcher Prime problem . Very disappointed since I love Nova launcher. Please help - I've tried everything I can think of and I do not want to install another messaging app like handcent or do factory reset. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Default Re: Nova Launcher Prime - No SMS notification sounds

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem, GS3 and Nova Prime for years. All of a sudden I stopped getting any notification sounds while on the home screen - works fine in other apps and when screen is off. Not just SMS, any notification sound. I've tried reinstalling Nova, rebooting, reinstalling the ROM. Sounds work fine on the main launcher.

Global Posts
    5,534 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Nova Launcher Prime - No SMS notification sounds

Assuming you've updated to the latest version of Nova, email the developer. I get notifications on the lock screen, the home screen, anywhere. It just takes about 2 or 3 minutes after the email or SMS is received before I get the notification.