Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Turn off screen on call on Xperia Z

Hi there. I have a Sony Xperia Z (C6603). Because the screen is so huge I often find that the proximity sensor doesn't realise that the phone is against my head; I therefore frequently end calls or hit buttons on the screen accidentally during calls. I can resolve this by either using my right hand for calls (putting the proximity sensor of the side nearest my ear) or by hitting the power button to turn off the screen. Both of these solutions are annoying and easy to forget.

I known that on the Galaxy S3 there is an option to do this in "Call Settings" > "Turn off screen during calls". I cannot find any similar option on my Sony. I'm running Kitkat (4.4.2). Does anyone know if there is an option or an app for this?

Ben
    Banned

Default Re: Turn off screen on call on Xperia Z

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi there. I have a Sony Xperia Z (C6603). Because the screen is so huge I often find that the proximity sensor doesn't realise that the phone is against my head; I therefore frequently end calls or hit buttons on the screen accidentally during calls. I can resolve this by either using my right hand for calls (putting the proximity sensor of the side nearest my ear) or by hitting the power button to turn off the screen. Both of these solutions are annoying and easy to forget.

I known that on the Galaxy S3 there is an option to do this in "Call Settings" > "Turn off screen during calls". I cannot find any similar option on my Sony. I'm running Kitkat (4.4.2). Does anyone know if there is an option or an app for this?

Ben
    Well,tell you what @Ben this do sounds weird because I have been using Samsung tab2 which is just way more larger than Z2 and still I didn't get such .....