Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default windows media player m4a sync problem

So I set to sync to ext sd (also tried phone). I drag my playlist which is all m4a files and I click sync. Red x's pop up on every song saying "device does not support file type". I have a Samsung galaxy reverb.

Default Re: windows media player m4a sync problem

Welcome to Android Central! So you're using Windows Media Player to try to sync m4a (I'm presuming these are iTunes tracks) to your phone? Are those iTunes tracks DRM protected? If so, they can't be played on your phone. But besides that, I don't think WMP works very well to move music to a phone. Have you tried removing your microSD card, inserting it into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have on), and simply dragging and dropping the music files using Windows Explorer?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: windows media player m4a sync problem

It came from an iTunes playlist i exported to wma. The files originally were ripped from cds to itunes. I exported to wma thinking I could transfer to my phone. There were some (im assuming) downloaded from the net files already In the wma library that I could transfer just fine. And yes I know of the adapter way. This whole ordeal was on a FRIENDS pc. I just want to know what the dealio is.