Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 can't pull down notification bar in portrait?

gummyrabbit

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be intermittent. The tablet is a month old. When I first got it, it worked perfectly. Then about 2 weeks later it started acting up. In portrait mode (with the physical button at the bottom), sometimes swiping down to show the notification panel does nothing. However if I turn the tablet to landscape or upside-down (buttons at the top), I can pull down the notification panel all the time. If I power it off and on again, it usually starts working again. I took the tablet back to the store and a tech did some testing and said it worked fine. When I went back to pick it up, the tech said I needed to double tap the top of the screen then swipe? Any advice as to why this is happening?

P.S. I have the OEM Samsung cover on the tablet...if that makes a difference...and yes...the tablet firmware is up-to-date.

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be intermittent. The tablet is a month old. When I first got it, it worked perfectly. Then about 2 weeks later it started acting up. In portrait mode (with the physical button at the bottom), sometimes swiping down to show the notification panel does nothing. However if I turn the tablet to landscape or upside-down (buttons at the top), I can pull down the notification panel all the time. If I power it off and on again, it usually starts working again. I took the tablet back to the store and a tech did some testing and said it worked fine. When I went back to pick it up, the tech said I needed to double tap the top of the screen then swipe? Any advice as to why this is happening?

P.S. I have the OEM Samsung cover on the tablet...if that makes a difference...and yes...the tablet firmware is up-to-date.

Well, that's weird here I can throw only one advice i.e. backup your data and try performing a factory reset, I am sure this has dropped your jaw but I guess it's the only best possible option which is surely going to help you out with the problem you are currently facing. Factory resetting will surely going to help you out as i is going to reset the firmware loaded up over your device .... :)