Email App ignores manual sync setting (Galaxy S3, 4.4.2)

A

AC Question

I've seen several topics about the built-in email app in the 4.4.2 update having problems with automatic syncing. I have kind of the opposite problem: I only want manual sync, and I think I have it configured that way, but I still get email notifications even if the email app isn't running.

Here's my config:

Settings->Account Settings->my account->Sync Settings->Sync Email is checked

I've found if I uncheck this setting, I can't even do manual sync.

Settings->Account Settings->my account->Sync Settings->Sync Schedule->Set Sync Schedule has "Manual" selected

Any suggestions?

TimB123

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem since upgrading to 4.4.2.

I have three email accounts on the phone, my exchange account which is set to "push" emails to me, but two other accounts set to manual sync only, but since upgrading software they just do a random auto sync at a random time.

Was there a fix for this at all?

mharp1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, same for me on Galaxy S5 email app. Seems to be a bug in email app when sync schedule set to "manual".

What I do is set sync schedule to "once per day". This work-around works best for me since my main pc email client (Outlook) is set to delete messages on server after retrieving them. The other option is to turn sync off. But then when I do want to sync I can't just click the sync icon, and instead have to drill down into the account settings and turn sync on. A pain. So I set it to "once per day". Surprised this isn't fixed yet. C'mon Samsung

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2