Problems with Google Play Music App

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung S4 mini. This is my first smartphone ever. I have been using the Google Play Music app (picture of Orange Headphones) to buy and play music on my phone.

Here is the problem.

I purchase a song. Then I go to My Library to find and play the song but it does not come up in my list of songs. I have to type in the name of the song for it to appear.

Every time I purchase a song, I have to type in the name of the song, play it and then add it to a playlist. It wasn't such a big deal when I bought one or two songs at a time, but it's a pain when I purchase a whole album of songs and have to remember the name of all the songs in the album. I have to write down the name of each song (otherwise I won't remember each one), then one by one play each song and add it to a playlist. If I don't play the song, it doesn't show up in my Library.

Another annoying thing about it. When I go to My Playlists, by default it first lists recently played playlists, then auto playlists, then finally all playlists. So each time I have to scroll all the way down to get to all of my playlists.

I finally got fed up with this and called Verizon, who transferred me to Google support and I talked to them. The guy there recommended I use Pandora. He said the Google Play store doesn’t always work. But when I do a search for the Pandora app, it’s just radio.

I downloaded the Double Twist app, but I can’t figure out how to get the music I currently have on my phone into it. And I can’t figure out how to purchase new songs.

I don't understand why Google Play Music doesn't automatically know when I've purchase a new song and just add it to my list of songs.

Is there a different user friendly app I can use to buy and listen to music on my phone? Please remember this is my first smartphone and I'm not familiar with smartphone terminology. Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the Google Play Music app is automatically syncing with your Google account. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Play Music is checked. If you don't see any checkboxes at all, your device's Auto-Sync function might be off. Go to Settings>Data Usage, tap the Menu button, and see if Auto-Sync is checked.

If that doesn't help, open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left and tap Settings. Make sure it's using the correct account under "Google account." You can also Refresh from this menu, which will make the app look for any new music you purchased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888