Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sebastian Hirsch1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Tab S / Boot problem

Hey folks

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (WiFi only). After I installed some iOS 7-lookalike tweaks I wanted to restart my device. Unfortunately when it rebooted the screen went black after the Samsung start up logo showed up. After a few second it tried to reboot again and the same process happened again. It keeps repeating like this. I've tried to give any input to the device but it won't work. I tried to shut it down by holding the power button for some time but it didn't work. I've tried to boot into recovery but since I cannot control when it starts up again it doesn't work. Right now it's just using battery and I can't do anything.

Someone out there who could help me getting out of this process?

Thanks!

Default Re: Tab S / Boot problem

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of tweaks did you install? Were they basic apps from Google Play, or did you root the device and install a new ROM?

If you didn't root the device, and since you just bought it, it would probably be easiest to bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement. Just show them what's happening.

(still me here)

Downloaded them from the play store, no rooting, I think the problem is caused by the IOS lock screen app, it don't recall the exact name of it...

See what happens if you remove the microSD card and reboot.

[SOLVED]

The device eventually ran out of charge and I was able to charge it, then boot it into recovery and do a factory reset.
    B. Diddy likes this.