Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mwpillowtalk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Picasa Sync

I had no idea my new phone would sync with picasa, and frankly i don't need those 2000 pics on my phone.
    I learned how to go through on my laptop via google and delete pictures - then resync so i was sort of able to choose what i wanted on my phone and what i didn't since my old phone wasn't able to turn on, i wasn't able to transfer pics.
    HOWEVER.
    That was deleting them from my picasa tool on my laptop. I don't want to lose these pictures forever! I noticed it by going to my blog and seeing that none of those pictures were showing up anymore.

How do i keep all my picasa pictures where i want on my laptop (thats what i use to sync from my camera and store all my photos) - but not have a picasa folder or any on my phone?

Im scared to delete whats on my phone now thinking it'll delete whats on my laptop.

Default Re: Picasa Sync

The folder showing the Picasa pics are just thumbnails of what's in the cloud. If the pic is not in camera roll it's not on your phone.

That's the great thing about cloud storage of pics. They can be saved in the cyberworld without clogging your device. But you can retrieve them to a device when needed again.

Deleting them from the cloud (Picasa) deleted the image you hotlinked to and that's why they disappeared from your blog. If you delete from your phone, it won't reach over to your laptop and erase any backup you may have there. Likewise deleting from Picasa doesn't reach into any physical storage on your phone or laptop to erase a "hard" copy.

I tried to delete them from my phone immediately, i selected about 1000 and it showed the loading bar saying they were being deleted and they kept showing up. They never went away in the picasa folder on my gallery.
    After some googling people had suggested to delete them from picasa.google.com so thats what i did, noticing they went away from my blog and now I'm trying to restore.
    I don't want picasa and my phone to have any relation. I had no idea this would happen, ha ha.

If i go into my app manager, gallery and clear data - will it affect picasa on my laptop or no?

Quote Originally Posted by mwpillowtalk View Post
    If i go into my app manager, gallery and clear data - will it affect picasa on my laptop or no?
    No... Actions you take with Picasa and your phone interaction will not affect Picasa and your laptop.

THANK YOU!!
    RumoredNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I had no idea my new phone would sync with picasa, and frankly i don't need those 2000 pics on my phone.
    I learned how to go through on my laptop via google and delete pictures - then resync so i was sort of able to choose what i wanted on my phone and what i didn't since my old phone wasn't able to turn on, i wasn't able to transfer pics.
    HOWEVER.
    That was deleting them from my picasa tool on my laptop. I don't want to lose these pictures forever! I noticed it by going to my blog and seeing that none of those pictures were showing up anymore.

How do i keep all my picasa pictures where i want on my laptop (thats what i use to sync from my camera and store all my photos) - but not have a picasa folder or any on my phone?

Im scared to delete whats on my phone now thinking it'll delete whats on my laptop.
    Picasa drove me crazy on updates and resets. I de-activated it by General - Accounts - Google - touch account name, then you can un-tick Picasa if Master Sync is on.
    I use usb and drag my photos to a folder on my computer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro