Can't delete, download, or update apps on Samsung Galaxy

A

AC Question

Ever since my power button stopped working my Samsung Galaxy s2 has been having problems with my apps. I can't delete existing apps or download or update any either. When I try to delete or update it shows the loading bar but it never completes the action. I'd leave it on for hours and it never completes. How do I fix this? Also if you can help me find out a way to be able to turn my phone on and off completely without the power button I would appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to install, update, or delete these apps from within Google Play, or from the App Manager?

Describe a little more about how your power button stopped working. Does it do absolutely nothing? How are you able to wake the phone from sleep if the power button isn't working--do you have to press the Home button? In order to get your phone to power off without a working power button, you'd need to root it first. There are some apps available for rooted phones that allow you to power off by tapping a screen button.

stashmte

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried using both Google Play and the App Manager and they both show its in the process of uninstalling but it never completes.
here are some more details:
The power button is jammed, I can't press it because it's stuck so I can't use the button at all. I'm able to wake up my phone by getting a text or a call. I also downloaded an app that lets me wake up the phone by touching the screen. Because of this I have to make sure my phone never dies because there would be no way for me to power it back up if it did.

I don't really understand how rooting works or if my phone is even rooted. I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 for T-mobile. Could you recommend one of these apps that would allow me to turn on and off my phone? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams