Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    i have a total brick of a M7. All it does is reboot over and over again. Ive been looking for the right RUU file but every time i try to download it, it only downloads 800mb out of 1.5gb. Now is there a different site to download the RUU file besides HTC1guru? BTW all i want is to do a factory reset but even in the fastboot menus to do a factory reset i select it but it just reboots back to fastboot. My phone is relocked after i wanted to put it back to stock back in January. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Which carrier/region of HTC One M7 are you looking for?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. #3  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by 831EVO3D View Post
    i have a total brick of a M7. All it does is reboot over and over again. Ive been looking for the right RUU file but every time i try to download it, it only downloads 800mb out of 1.5gb. Now is there a different site to download the RUU file besides HTC1guru? BTW all i want is to do a factory reset but even in the fastboot menus to do a factory reset i select it but it just reboots back to fastboot. My phone is relocked after i wanted to put it back to stock back in January. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Hello!

    Do you still have the Unlock_code.bin you used to unlock the bootloader? You can also try the fastboot command "fastboot oem unlock"

    Then you can flash a recovery and then proceed to install a ROM.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Which carrier/region of HTC One M7 are you looking for?
    Its an At&T US
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hello!

    Do you still have the Unlock_code.bin you used to unlock the bootloader? You can also try the fastboot command "fastboot oem unlock"

    Then you can flash a recovery and then proceed to install a ROM.
    I dont have that code anymore. Its on my old computer which i no longer own
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by 831EVO3D View Post
    I dont have that code anymore. Its on my old computer which i no longer own
    Did you try the "fastboot oem unlock" command?

    You can always get the unlock code again from HTCDev as well.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Did you try the "fastboot oem unlock" command?

    You can always get the unlock code again from HTCDev as well.
    ive tried that "fastboot oem unlock" on cmd and it says "
    <bootloader> [ERR] Command error !!!!
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by 831EVO3D View Post
    ive tried that "fastboot oem unlock" on cmd and it says "
    <bootloader> [ERR] Command error !!!!

    Then try to get the Unlock Code again from HTCDev.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Then try to get the Unlock Code again from HTCDev.
    I was successful with unlocking the bootloader. On the top it says "unlocked" and it has "S-On" but i tried to select -bootloader-factory reset but after doing that it just restarts and it looks like phone will boot up normally but than it just reboots over and over again. I know in the past i downloaded a RUU for AT&T and it restored the phone back to stock but the one i used in the middle of it, it says to get the latest one than has me quit..im just lost and tired looking through mulitpule sites trying to find answers...FML lol
  10. #10  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by 831EVO3D View Post
    I was successful with unlocking the bootloader. On the top it says "unlocked" and it has "S-On" but i tried to select -bootloader-factory reset but after doing that it just restarts and it looks like phone will boot up normally but than it just reboots over and over again. I know in the past i downloaded a RUU for AT&T and it restored the phone back to stock but the one i used in the middle of it, it says to get the latest one than has me quit..im just lost and tired looking through mulitpule sites trying to find answers...FML lol
    Do you want to return to stock or get a custom ROM on it?

    We can go two ways from here.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Do you want to return to stock or get a custom ROM on it?

    We can go two ways from here.
    i want to return to stock
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Do you want to return to stock or get a custom ROM on it?

    We can go two ways from here.
    RUU file needed for HTC One M7-img_0425.jpg

    this is what my screen looks like
  13. #13  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    You'll need S-OFF and you need to return your CID to stock. HTC doesn't have the latest RUU on their website, so you'll have to get it from HTC1Guru.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  14. #14  

    Default Re: RUU file needed for HTC One M7

    did you ever resolve this? My phone is in the exact same state as you have pictured...

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with adware!
    By bandit7319 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM
  3. HTC One X back to stock
    By radulianis in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 01:04 PM
  4. HTC Droid DNA logic board/motherboard
    By Kenny Antonucci in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions