Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Droid DNA NOT Working Well

Hey guys I have had my droid dna for a bout a year. A couple days ago it started acting weird. It restars by itself a lot and when I tried factory resetting it nothing happened. It keeps rebooting to the same point and will not let me erase messages or anything. Apps are not downloading and if I try going on the internet or look at my messages the phone automatically restarts. I don't currently hae an upgrade so will have to but a phone full retail if can't figure this out. ( probably moto x)

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Droid DNA NOT Working Well

So you're still having this issue after a factory reset or were you unable to reset it?
    Try booting into recovery mode and doing a factory reset through there.
    I found instructions for entering recovery mode on the DNA:

Disable Fastboot on your HTC Droid DNA. Go to your device’s Settings » select Battery » and Uncheck the Fastboot option at the bottom.
    Power off your device and wait for 5-10 seconds until the device is fully switched off.
    Press and hold Volume Down button, then press the Power button to switch on your phone and release it, but keep holding the Volume Down button.
    This will boot your HTC Droid DNA into bootloader mode
    You’ll see a screen with option to boot into Recovery mode among several other options. Here, press Volume down once to navigate to RECOVERY, then press Power button to select it and boot into Recovery mode.
    In Bootloader and Recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down between options and use Power button to select an option.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I was unable to reset it. I used the recovery mode and did a factory reset but it did not do anything.

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by sfitz3 View Post
    I was unable to reset it. I used the recovery mode and did a factory reset but it did not do anything.
    Did it say failed or anything?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

No. The phone is just exactly the same as it was before the reset.