Problems with earphone socket

A

AC Question

2 days ago I noticed that music was only playing out of one ear, when I was walking occasionally I would hear it normally from both ears for a split second, but couldn't rotate the jack to find a sweet spot of connection. I have tried multiple other earphones and the same problem occurs. Every other aspect involving sound works, but when using headphones only on side works so I'm guessing it's the connection inside the socket. Prior to this it rained quite allot but the phone was seemingly dry and upside down in my pocket, so I wouldn't imagine water getting inside easily. I have used a torch and checked inside, and there is no easily visible lint. I have also stripped a cotton bud thin enough then tried to clean inside using a small amount of lighter fluid as solvent.
I'm really not sure what else I can do or if I can even fix it now. Any help/advice it greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone are you using? Try using a damp toothpick to root around, or a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it really looks cleaned out and the problem is still persisting, the jack itself might be faulty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair