Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    whats up fellas,

    i have a galaxy s4 which i bought when they first came out. i rooted the device. today i went to start an application (facebook), and bam, my phone starts restarting. and then keeps restarting.

    after a little research, i saw some advice to clear the partition cache, and when i tried this it gave me the little android guy and a red triangle saying error, and again back into loop mode.

    then i tried going into download mode (power+home+volume down) and then hitting volume down to cancel, again sends me into a boot loop.

    i did the same thing going into download mode, and instead this time pressing volume up for os reset and it goes into a screen where top left says:

    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-1337
    CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
    SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
    CSB-OEM_CONFIG_LSB: 0X30
    WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE

    And on the screen is the android robot and it says downloading...do not turn off target.

    now i am at a point where i do not know what to do.

    i have also read
    The Cure for Kies XDA Forum MF3 FIRMWARE

    however i don't know what my firmware is (if its mf3 or something else) and at this point not sure how to identify my firmware. i have never done any of the automatic ota updates, and i also made sure to turn off the automatic updates in the phone.

    Any help or recommendations will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS GUYS
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    You stated that you rooted the device. Did you modify any files or simply rooted stock and rebooted? Is there a nandroid backup available to get you back to square 1?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    At this point, I'd just try flashing a stock ROM via Odin. Better than not having a working phone at all
    You can find a guide on how to do it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    At this point, I'd just try flashing a stock ROM via Odin. Better than not having a working phone at all
    You can find a guide on how to do it here:

    hey, thanks for the quick reply. man this has been such a headache. so i followed all the steps to the guide you posted, and after odin does its thing, it says success and my phone reboots, however it still shows Samsung custom with the unlocked lock icon, and still is stuck on boot loop. any more ideas?
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by hodatch1 View Post
    hey, thanks for the quick reply. man this has been such a headache. so i followed all the steps to the guide you posted, and after odin does its thing, it says success and my phone reboots, however it still shows Samsung custom with the unlocked lock icon, and still is stuck on boot loop. any more ideas?
    Yeah, you'd have to reset the flash counter in order to get rid of the unlocked icon.
    Does it keep cycling the boot or does it just take a long time? The first boot after an OS install takes a lot longer than normal. It's also suggested that you do a cache and data wipe for a clean install.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Yeah, you'd have to reset the flash counter in order to get rid of the unlocked icon.
    Does it keep cycling the boot or does it just take a long time? The first boot after an OS install takes a lot longer than normal. It's also suggested that you do a cache and data wipe for a clean install.
    how do i reset the flash counter? after i followed the guide and installed the firmware, it just keeps resetting. and i also already did the wipe and cache wipe also. this is pretty frustrating. i have also downloaded like 6 different att firmwares but it keeps reloading with the unlock symbol after odin does its thing and says PASS.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Tab 3 Kids locked on parental control password
    By Carlos Gomes2 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 03:37 PM
  2. Galaxy s5 Crappy forward facing camera :(
    By Pneeleysmom in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 11:12 AM
  3. boot loop-
    By dave3389 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 camera on Nexus 5
    By longtime44 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 07:27 AM
  5. help please
    By bbmjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions