Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Galaxy S3 Mini Factory Reset Using Mobile Settings

Hey guys! I understand that once a photo is deleted - internal memory, they are gone forever. But i have encountered this Asoftech Data Recovery, will it still recover photos which i already deleted from my internal storage. And after deleting them, just to make sure i performed a factory reset. Am i safe? I mean, no one will ever access my photos anymore ayt? Coz i dont want them there, and sadly i sold my phone Galaxy S3 Mini already. I hope you can help me have a peace of mind here coz my old phone contains sensitive files specilally screened shot of my bank info. Thank you in advance. I would appreciate every advice you guys will share.

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Mini Factory Reset Using Mobile Settings

Welcome to Android Central
    In theory, it is still retrievable, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that whoever you sold it to has the ability to recover data that has been deleted in a factory reset.
    I wouldn't worry
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Thank you soo much! But still wondering, if they are retrievable, why would andoid allow this to happen? I mean there's no way that you will accidentally Factory Reset your phone because in order for you to do so, you have to follow some step and the system will always ask you that if you continue, it will erase all the files (photos, videos etc) on your phone. Its not like a single click and it will erase everything. Besides they also offer many languages for people who dont speak english. So theres no way that you may accidentally Factory Reset your phone. I believe that people doing this do wanna get rid of all the files saved in their memory.

In short, these companies do not have an assurance to protect its users identity or protect peoples files like photos and videos against third party access (Considering that you already performed a FACTORY RESET).

Please help me understand this. Sorry for the arguement

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by 3ugin3 View Post
    Thank you soo much! But still wondering, if they are retrievable, why would andoid allow this to happen? I mean there's no way that you will accidentally Factory Reset your phone because in order for you to do so, you have to follow some step and the system will always ask you that if you continue, it will erase all the files (photos, videos etc) on your phone. Its not like a single click and it will erase everything. Besides they also offer many languages for people who dont speak english. So theres no way that you may accidentally Factory Reset your phone. I believe that people doing this do wanna get rid of all the files saved in their memory.

In short, these companies do not have an assurance to protect its users identity or protect peoples files like photos and videos against third party access (Considering that you already performed a FACTORY RESET).

Please help me understand this. Sorry for the arguement
    Factory reset doesn't completely wipe data from your phone, but like I said, the person attempting to retrieve it would need to have some serious hacking skills.
    iPhone, IIRC, does completely delete data with a factory reset. On Android, it requires encrypting your device and then doing a factory reset (Which would wipe the encryption keys, making it impossible to retrieve the data) or unlocking the boot loader.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    3ugin3 

I really appreciate your help. It is really nice to have you guys around. Thank you and God bless!

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by 3ugin3 View Post
    I really appreciate your help. It is really nice to have you guys around. Thank you and God bless!
    No problem. Glad I could help

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    Thanked by:
    3ugin3