Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply to Thread Subscribe to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Make "Droid" stop sounding at random times

Got this Android X given to me from a friend. Finally got the hang of the basics but why does the phone say "Droid" at random times? At night, middle of the morning, no particular spacing, but it scares the bejezus out of me when I'm here by myself. Any help? Thanks.

Default Re: Make "Droid" stop sounding at random times

If you're sure that it's not tied to some app or device function giving you a notification it could very well be that your Droid device is rebooting during those times that you hear the "Droid" blaring from your device. Which Droid do you have exactly so that we may do a bit more digging to come up with something to help troubleshoot why it might be rebooting?

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: Make "Droid" stop sounding at random times

Welcome to Android Central! I assume you have the Droid X, although there was also a Droid X2. mumfoau is right, it could be rebooting on its own at night--the next time you hear it happen, turn on the phone to see if it's on the bootup screen (the Droid robot eye). But the other possibility is that one of your notifications is set to the "Droid" sound. You can figure out which app by, again, turning on the phone the next time you hear it, and (if it isn't rebooting) look at the notifications to see what app just gave you a notification. Then open that app, go to its settings menu, and look at the notifications option. Make sure it isn't the Droid sound.
    Thanked by:
    mumfoau likes this.