Suddenly Galaxy S4 cannot communicate with Epson printer

A

AC Question

All of a sudden my S4 stopped communicating with my Epson printer. I printed some things from it earlier today, went shopping, came home and now it cannot communicate with the printer. I keep getting a message that just says "cannot communicate with printer." Does anyone have any idea why within the last few hours I can't print from my phone? I haven't changed any settings. Please help!

ohpgoil

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not using Google cloud print. The phone came loaded with Samsung and Google Print. Both worked earlier today; now neither is working. Printer communicates with laptop, just not the phone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Turning the printer off and on?

If those steps don't help, go to Settings>Apps>All, and see if you have an app called Print Spooler. Select it, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then try printing again.

ohpgoil

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
There is an app button at the bottom of the home screen. I can't find a print spooler at all. I found the Samsung printer app and cleared the cache. I can't seem to be able to find the google print app.

When it's sending the info to the printer through the Samsung printer app, it looks as if it's looking for the Epson 420 and NOT the Epson 420 (Network) Geesh, how do I fix that?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I forgot that you have a Samsung device. Go to the App Manager, and in the list for All Apps, look for a Print Spooler app or something similar. System apps don't necessarily show up in your App Drawer, but they should be in the full app list in the App Manager.

ohpgoil

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Nothing that says Print spooler. I can see a Samsung Print service plugin, which I've cleared. I can see the Epson Print enabler, which I just tried turning on to see if it helped. I DO NOT see the google print app, but it's available when sending files to the printer. Still cannot communicate with the printer.

I found 3 apps that say Mobile Print. Cleared the caches in those. I did find the print spooler also. Cleared it. Still cannot print.

I got it!! I started the printing, when the printer page popped up, I noticed that there was a settings option (small gear icon) I selected it, and it brought up the printers, I selected the printer, saved it and it works again. I have NO idea how it got UNselected. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the printer wi-fi enabled, or is it connected to a router or computer via USB cable? If the printer is wi-fi enabled, check the printer's manual to see if there is a troubleshooting guide. If it's connected to a router, try rebooting the router (by unplugging the router's power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800