Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help! Screen wake up, Black flickering!

I'm on a Jellybean device, and ever since I had installed Sonic Jump Fever off the Google Play Store, whenever I press the power button to wake up my screen, the screen stays black (but I can see the taskbar up on the top of the screen, still), and it takes timing to unlock the screen.

I got a bit worried after it happening a few times, so I did a panic scan with avast!, scanning both my apps and my storage. It yielded no malware results, so, I opened up Watchdog, and it showed no fishy apps running. Okay, so, maybe it's a service that's running? So, I go back to avast! and go to App Management, and I find this service called, "HTC DM Command Servcie". Extremely fishy, being Service is mispelled. This is what it says beneath the name, "v1.0.2219352840.464483.453232.com.android.dmportread"

And I tried to look up the name "HTC DM Command Servcie", but it was about "HTC DM Command Service", so I assume that the "Command Service" is a legit service, and there's a clone of it? I don't know, but I haven't seen this "servcie" before, and my screen is doing this every time I wake it up.

Could Sonic Jump Fever have installed this, or is it just a coincidence? Does the Servcie have something to do with it?

EDIT - I actually think the symptoms I saw last night have something to do with this. Last night, I was on my browser (I mainly use UC Browser.) watching videos. (It has a built in YouTube player. The newest update allows streaming.) After I finished watching a video, when I clicked on another one, the thumbnails were flickering, and so was the play button for the video I was on. Kind of weird, so I decide to close the browser and go to sleep.

Does that flickering have something to do with it?

Default Re: Help! Screen wake up, Black flickering!

Welcome to Android Central! What brand and model is your device? As long as you installed Sonic Jump Fever directly from Google Play (and it's the one from Sega America), I wouldn't be too worried about malware. Scanning through the reviews for that game, it sounds like a number of people have complained about various crashes, so I suspect your problems have more to do with a poorly coded app that may be interfering with other system apps. Uninstall it if you can.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My phone wasn't really crashing. It was just not wanting me to get into it, by what I've seen. And I was thinking that maybe adding a Password to the startup screen would fix it, but with there being a service "HTC DM Command Servcie", I'm a bit wary. I'll try uninstalling and seeing what results it yields.

And thanks to Skype being in my taskbar, it's easier to get into my phone. But, I've also seen a noticable lag on my phone. It's going slower than before.

I uninstalled the app, and let my phone sleep two times, and upon turning it on both times, I got no problems with the black screen appearing, and the lag has gone away. With it being a new app and all, I'll just install it on a later date. But, going to Avast, "HTC DM Command Servcie" is still there.

What device do you have? If it's an HTC device, I wouldn't worry about that service in question. I wouldn't put it past some of these engineers to make a few typos--remember, lots of them don't speak English as a first language.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sprint HTC EVO. But, then again, I'm only reading off what the PC Google Play Store says it is. And the Sprint this phone had come from was in America, I'm pretty sure.