Android (LG Optimus L9) WiFi not turning on

A

AC Question

Hi guys! I'm really new to this so sorry if something is wrong. Just a few days ago, my android's WiFi just suddenly shut off and refused to turn on. I was using an app that I now deleted but still it is not turning on. When I try to turn on the WiFi from the notification center it just keeps flashing like it wants to turn on but never does and stops after a minute or so. When I try to turn it on from the settings, it says turning on but never actually does. I've tried anything from tapping to violently hitting the phone. Obviously did a power cycle, left the phone off for an hour, soft and hard reset the phone. That one was interesting because when I reset it, one of the first steps is to select whether you want to use your mobile data or WiFi. Well when I try to select WiFi it refuses to check. I've done EVERYTHING except opened the damned thing and looked inside the actual phone. I need help quick!!! D:

Rooted for about 6 months now BTW, but I don't thing that has anything to do with it

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
While rooted, did you do anything that would have affected wifi? What app Did you install and remove?

It seems like a system level problem and you may need to flash a stock image to fix the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith