Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Android (LG Optimus L9) WiFi not turning on

Hi guys! I'm really new to this so sorry if something is wrong. Just a few days ago, my android's WiFi just suddenly shut off and refused to turn on. I was using an app that I now deleted but still it is not turning on. When I try to turn on the WiFi from the notification center it just keeps flashing like it wants to turn on but never does and stops after a minute or so. When I try to turn it on from the settings, it says turning on but never actually does. I've tried anything from tapping to violently hitting the phone. Obviously did a power cycle, left the phone off for an hour, soft and hard reset the phone. That one was interesting because when I reset it, one of the first steps is to select whether you want to use your mobile data or WiFi. Well when I try to select WiFi it refuses to check. I've done EVERYTHING except opened the damned thing and looked inside the actual phone. I need help quick!!! D:

Rooted for about 6 months now BTW, but I don't thing that has anything to do with it

Global Posts
    7,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Android (LG Optimus L9) WiFi not turning on

While rooted, did you do anything that would have affected wifi? What app Did you install and remove?

It seems like a system level problem and you may need to flash a stock image to fix the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app