Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G2 music and photo files not being recognized?

I have sprint and the G2 was working great and then one day I did not have any music or photos on my phone? I thought they got erased, but when I plug the USB into the computer, the music and photos are stilled stored on the phone? they still show in the file manager app in the internal storage. Should I reset the phone or is there a easy fix?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: LG G2 music and photo files not being recognized?

Not sure why the files would have just disappeared, but have you eared the cache of the music player app? Go to system settings - applications - music player (name may be different) and clear cache. Do the same for the Gallery App. If there's still no improvement then factory reset - be sure to backup your data beforehand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you done a simple reboot, and did that help? Otherwise, go to Settings>Apps>All, and select Gallery. Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and wait for it to hopefully repopulate with your photos. What music app are you using?

I have cleared the cache, but did not help. I am just using the music player on the phone, but it says I don't have any music files?

If you can see them when hooked up to the computer, take this opportunity to back up those photos and music files.

What happens if you take more photos with the phone? Do those photos appear in the Gallery, or do they disappear too? I'm starting to think you may have to do a factory data reset.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by sjsharks32 View Post
    I have cleared the cache, but did not help. I am just using the music player on the phone, but it says I don't have any music files?
    Download a music player app from the Play Store and see if it recognizes the individual files on your phones. Also check to make sure the files are in a path detectable by the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Also, when you say you're using the music player on the phone, I assume you're talking about a stock LG music player. Have you tried Google Play Music? Or is that what you were referring to? With Google Play Music, you can select to show Downloaded music only (which means any music in local storage--not necessarily ones downloaded from Google Play).
    srkmagnus likes this.

When I take pictures it stores them in the gallery and I can see them. It's the same with music. I can hear see it and hear it if I download a new song. Guessing I'm just going to have to backup and restore.