Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Google Play Music Help

Hi all!
    I have begun using Google Play Music on my phone and was wondering if it's possible to have it ignore the music files stored on my phone. Right now it shows many of my songs twice, once for the Google Music cloud and once for my phone's copy. This means if I'm listening through an album I need to skip every other song. Google Music Manager makes organizing my music easier because I can do it on my computer, but I want to have some music on my phone if I am unable to access the web.
    I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Google Play Music Help

Welcome to Android Central! That's a very good question--I don't think it's possible. You can make it show only locally saved music (with the Downloaded switch in the menu), but there is no option to only show cloud music. I suggest sending this as Feedback--swipe in from the left in Google Play Music, tap Feedback, and make the suggestion!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Will do. Thanks for the response!

You could always create a playlist and play that instead of all your files. Another option is to not have the files saved on your phone and just download them from google music only instead.