Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Filed Claim with Asurion (Sprint) Then lost the phone. Do they check ESID?

I was curious to see if I would be able to just simply send them ANY old broken S4 of the same color to avoid the ludicrous $350 , as I can buy a junked unit for FAR less. They want to charge me since I've lost the device and they won't allow me to change the claim to a "lost/stolen" claim. Anyone have any experience with this or know at least if they check the ESID when providing them with the broken device?
  2. Best Answer

Yeah, don't mess around with potential fraud. Could land you in some hot water.

Default Re: Filed Claim with Asurion (Sprint) Then lost the phone. Do they check ESID?

I'm sure they do check to be sure it is the phone for which the insurance was taken out on. Otherwise, everybody and their momma would be getting new phones through one insurance policy.

Have you tried any of the find my phone methods like via Google, Lookout or some other app?
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: Filed Claim with Asurion (Sprint) Then lost the phone. Do they check ESID?

Yeah, don't mess around with potential fraud. Could land you in some hot water.
    Thanked by: