Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy My moms Galaxy S II is not working - important images needed on the phones memory

Hi all, I really need someones help with this problem I really want to solve this trouble by your help, I got my moms Samsung Galaxy S II and she 've been using it since it came out on the market and she doesn't has any experience in updating the phone and all the detailed stuff she barely use it for calls and whats app from time to another anyways she came screaming to me about her phone which is stuck on the big glowing S with purple and blue and beneath it Samsung GALAXY S II with the black background and its not working , the sign is on the screen all the time and it takes along time to disappear and something comes out a small yellow bar and : Installing applications with a small icons then the Big S returns, I turned it on and off few times and the same result i tried to take off the battery and reinsert it but nothing worked out with me it still on the Big glowing S I went to recovery mode to see if there's anyway to fix it but I didn't dare to push the buttons I don't know what to do now, moms and I hope that you come up with something which can fix this without clearing the data cause All we care about is my dad's images who just passed away couple months ago. please help me I got lots of my family pic's and I'm begging you to help me out with this...

Default Re: My moms Galaxy S II is not working - important images needed on the phones memory

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi all, I really need someones help with this problem I really want to solve this trouble by your help, I got my moms Samsung Galaxy S II and she 've been using it since it came out on the market and she doesn't has any experience in updating the phone and all the detailed stuff she barely use it for calls and whats app from time to another anyways she came screaming to me about her phone which is stuck on the big glowing S with purple and blue and beneath it Samsung GALAXY S II with the black background and its not working , the sign is on the screen all the time and it takes along time to disappear and something comes out a small yellow bar and : Installing applications with a small icons then the Big S returns, I turned it on and off few times and the same result i tried to take off the battery and reinsert it but nothing worked out with me it still on the Big glowing S I went to recovery mode to see if there's anyway to fix it but I didn't dare to push the buttons I don't know what to do now, moms and I hope that you come up with something which can fix this without clearing the data cause All we care about is my dad's images who just passed away couple months ago. please help me I got lots of my family pic's and I'm begging you to help me out with this...
    Hi, I think I have once had a similar problem as yours with my S2 but I was able to sort it out. It was stuck on the boot up screen as well. I don't know if it will solve your problem but what I did was to wipe the phone's cache. It will not wipe off the pictures and apps on now etc. Here's how I did it:

Turn off phone
    Remove the battery and reinsert.
    Hold down Volume UP and Volume Down keys
    Press and hold the power button while still holding down to BOTH volume keys.
    As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.
    Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to the delete all cache data.
    Press home to select.
    Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.
    Then press home to select reboot system now.
    Wait for your phone to reboot.

I hope it solves you problem. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

Default Re: My moms Galaxy S II is not working - important images needed on the phones memory

Hello Byron, thank you for your support , Ok I managed to turn it off and I took the battery off too and reinserted it and I pushed the power button and the Galaxy S II turned on then the logo of Samsung appeared with the many small blue squares going around the word or so on the screen then the big S showed on start up But I couldn't go to the recovery mode using the provided steps on your post ,anyways what happened is what appeared on the screen is a blue text and a small line separating in between these Android Update or updating and Installing Applications then it disappeared and a small icons started to show on the mid of the screen with the gray ling that turns to yellow as a sign of progress and Installing Applications under it.