Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 Camera takes long to launch

Ive had my Galaxy note 3 for about 4 months now. And ive actually been having this problem for a few weeks now. When I need to use my camera and click the camera app, the camera shows up but is just black. Then about 6 to 10 seconds later, it works. Also when switching to video, instead of pressing the video to quickly switch, it takes me about 4 taps to the video button for it to finally switch. Any help with this?? Thank you.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Camera takes long to launch

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, selecting Camera, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. If that doesn't help, try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for your reply. i tried both of the things you recommended. still doesn't open properly. i will say that it launches 1 second quicker than before. but still nonetheless takes long, and video still takes a couple of taps for it to work. also programs that use the camera, like instagram, aren't working properly in the camera mode as well. any other recommendations?

Not a perfect solution, but you could consider installing a 3rd party camera app. If that doesn't work, then there's probably something wrong with the camera itself, either hardware or firmware.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just tried downloading a 3rd party app. Same issue. So if itd a hardware or firmware issue, can phone companies fix it? Or will I have to get a new phone?

4 months should still be within manufacturer warranty. Contact Samsung for warranty repair information.

You could also try calling your wireless provider. When I used to have a Droid Incredible, it was exhibiting a bunch of problems, so when I called Verizon about it and went through it in detail with them, the agent ultimately decided to send me a replacement phone.