Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Moto G user cannot sync music to device!

Hey all, I'm at my wits end here.

This is my first smart phone experience so far so I'm still relatively new to this whole thing. I bought my Moto G back in February and have had no problems... until now.
    Everything was working fine until i updated to kitkat 4.4.3. After I did the update, all my music stopped playing and displayed the "cannot play music file" error. I tried everything I could think of. Tried downloading another media player, cleared the cache, restarted the device, cleared all the music off and re-synced it from my windows laptop, nothing is working. Finally, after backing up everything, I reset my device to its factory settings. After everything is done, I went into windows media player, synced a few songs and then went to check it within my phone, and it is literally no where to be found. When I have the phone connected to the laptop via USB, I can find the music files I synced within the music folder of my phone, but no where on the phone itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Moto G user cannot sync music to device!

Welcome to Android Central! What format are the music files you're trying to play? Can you just drag and drop them into your phone using Windows Explorer, rather than WMP? There could be compatibility issues with WMP syncing with Android devices.