Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Asian Writing in Pop Up Screens :(

Hi there

I am sitting with a problem that I cannot find a solution to. Everytime I try to link my Samsung S3 to my banking, it sends through a pop up little window which you need to type something into. However this pop up window is in some sort of foreign language which I assume to be an Asian language. I cannot figure out how to change it/get rid of it. My phone is in English and I have not changed anything. I just tried to do something else which also involves those pop up screens (it's when you dial *120* etc etc) and the writing was also in some sort of Asian language.

Can anybody please help me with this? I have no idea where to even start.

Default Re: Asian Writing in Pop Up Screens :(

It's an English phone but in your settings for language is it set to English still? That kind of sounds like what you were saying in your post but I'm just covering bases. Since it's not happening in one specific app that kind of rules out an app setting, but not an app. Look at your recently downloaded apps, is there anything there that seems shady, or is an English version of an asian app? Something like that, with the right permissions could be affecting the popup language.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Default Re: Asian Writing in Pop Up Screens :(

It has always been in English - I've never been anywhere near the languages. It's not really happening with any apps, mainly if I dial one of those numbers that isn't a phone number; to check data balance etc. I will have a look to see if there is anything strange.