Hands-free mode, S-voice turn on automatically after upgrade to 4.4.2 Galaxy S3 and bluetooth

A

AC Question

Hi everyone.

I seem to be having some weird issues with my Galaxy S3 after upgrading to the new OS 4.4.2. The first thing I noticed was that it affected the bluetooth in my car and somehow connected with it as if it was on a call but my phone was not on a call while in my garage after starting it. I figured out that was preventing my radio from working and was able to disconnect it. That was two weeks ago and has only happened once since then. However, it hasn't happened since.

The other issues that I have are with S-voice and Hand-free mode. Both of them keep turning on together multiple times a day. I unlock my phone and S-voice is active on screen as if somehow I enabled it while it was locked. However, it's been laying on the desk or the car seat untouched since the last time I used it and turned it off. It happens while in the car, sitting on the desk, in my pocket walking, ect. I can't seem to pinpoint why this is happening but it's pretty frustrating now that hand-free mode is starting to read aloud my text messages, ect. I do like both modes and do not wish to disable them permanently. Does anyone know why this is happening? Advise to fix this issue?

Thanks.

babolious

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
The Hands-Free Mode and S-Voice on my Sumsung Galaxy 3S also both keep turning on automatically without even touching the phone. Sometimes every 10 seconds or so they turn on and then stay on until I disable them again. The phone then read out loud all of my text messages, calendar notifications, etc. I do not want to permanently disable S-Voice because I use it often when I am in the car so that I can be hands free. Anyone know what the solution is?

michaelxjin

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
It turns out a hardware problem after all. Folks from this forum (Keeperjeoy and francescomm) nailed it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...nto-drive-mode-randomly-spamming-s-voice.html

With a cotton swab and the 70% rubbing alcohol, I first wet the USB port area of my phone, waited for a few minutes, then gently remove some dirt around the port pins with a toothpick. Now the crazy problem is gone for good.

Because the USB port is right under the Home button, no wonder I used to have those weird problems triggered when the button was pressed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey