Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG P970 - Power Button problem.

Hello.

I own this LG P970 (Optimus Black) since 3 years (I know that's a long time, but my SGS5 is on it's way to me) and since 1 or 2 weeks I've encountered some problems.
    First, my speaker from the top of the phone (I think that's the ear speaker, I dunno). It's completely quiet, I can't hear anything. But sometimes , when I call someone, from that calling beep i hear a liiiiitle bit, then it's quiet. And I keep using the speaker to talk, and people hear me not so good.
    Now, the main problem: power button. It is not working at all. Only when the phone is charging. Then, the power button has no problem. When I unplug it, it still works for some minutes, then it won't. I press it and nothing happens. I found a 'solution' - Awesome On Off. But it drains my battery fast.

GOT TO MENTION: My battery is the same since I bought the phone, and I was charging it during the night (like 9 hours or so, because I was plugging it at 2-3 am and waking up at 12-1 pm.)
    For 3 days I was charging it 2-3 times a day and using it while it was charging because my wireless stopped working and I used my mobile network, and it was heating up like hell.

Anyways, I just want to know if I can fix it at home, and if not, well.. That's it, I'll send it to a guy who can fix it and just make it work like when I got it. I'm getting my Samsung Galaxy S5 in 3 weeks or so and I want to give this phone to my mom. Yes, this 3 year old phone, I'll give it to my mom because she's not into smartphones so much.

Thank you!

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: LG P970 - Power Button problem.

Welcome to the forums.
    Sounds like a few hardware problems to me. The battery is probably bad due to not being used in three years.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LG P970 - Power Button problem.

Thanks.

No, I use the phone since I bought it.. Let's say.. 5 months of inactivity because i had some problems, but the battery is used. I thought that I should buy a new battery, but it's expensive, like.. 25€ for a battery, for a 3 YEARS OLD PHONE. But maybe I'm going to buy another one.
    Also, if I have Flappy Bird (original) on it, how much would it worth? :d