Need help choosing next phone.

orlans21

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy S3 right now and its pretty messed up. The power button doesnt work properly it would shut off and it would take me a long time sometimes to get it back on. My contract has been up for almost a year and I was going to wait on the Galaxy S5 but I do not like it. So im posting on here to get opinions from other people what my next phone should be. I really wanted to get the LG G3 when it becomes available August 1st since im in Canada. Im thinking though will that QHD screen really kill my battery since it only runs a snapdragon 801...So im wondering if I should wait for the Nexus 6 (if there will be one) Note 3, Xperia Z3, Galaxy F (if thats ever going to happen or come to canada) So please tell me your opinions...should i wait to get a phone that has a snapdragon 805 or will that not make much of a difference from a G3 snapdragon 801

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy S3 right now and its pretty messed up. The power button doesnt work properly it would shut off and it would take me a long time sometimes to get it back on. My contract has been up for almost a year and I was going to wait on the Galaxy S5 but I do not like it. So im posting on here to get opinions from other people what my next phone should be. I really wanted to get the LG G3 when it becomes available August 1st since im in Canada. Im thinking though will that QHD screen really kill my battery since it only runs a snapdragon 801...So im wondering if I should wait for the Nexus 6 (if there will be one) Note 3, Xperia Z3, Galaxy F (if thats ever going to happen or come to canada) So please tell me your opinions...should i wait to get a phone that has a snapdragon 805 or will that not make much of a difference from a G3 snapdragon 801

The Snapdragon 801 is already a massively powerful yet efficient processor.

Our friend Alex Dobie from AC found that the screen does not affect the battery life as much as one would think: LG G3 Review | Android Central

The battery is also removable, so you can swap it out for another battery if needed.

It's a really potent phone and I think you'd be content with it.

krijmo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone (I know what was I thinking) and I got this phone Wednesday. I got it charged and used it pretty heavily for the next 8 hours before it needed to be charged.
It has a battery saving mode that will turn on when the battery gets to a certain level. You set the level. I have it set to start at 50%. This phone is beautiful. I'm loving the keyboard and the camera and everything about it.

Posted from my LG G3

orlans21

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I kinda find battery saving apps useless to me since I want to have service even when my battery is low. Data I don't care that much ill turn it on when I need it if battery is low but I want to be able to still text with low battery so really battery saving mode is useless to me

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of battery saving apps that actually do help, but in general, they mostly do the same thing. They just turn off all the radios on your phone.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac