Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC ONE M8 is a piece of crap and customer service is worse

Bought a new phone 3 weeks ago. Dropped it on Sunday for the first time. Volume button is dented so badly that it's actually stuck, and can no longer be moved down. Looks like the phone was in a fender bender. Called HTC 4 times. My options, hold my credit card for $599 which I don't have, and pay for shipping so I can get a loaner phone and pay for the repairs to the phone. Or, be without my phone for 4 days, pay for shipping, and pay for repairs. This should be under warranty, and dropping something from a table to a floor should not damage the cheap aluminum to this extent. It's not like it hurled it from space. I dropped my Motorola droid zillions of times and it never dented. Thoughts? Options other than a smear campaign on HTC.

Default Re: HTC ONE M8 is a piece of crap and customer service is worse

Drops are never covered under warranty. No matter what phone you buy.. Any brand... They don't cover something under warranty when you dropped and damaged the phone. Warranties are for malfunctions.... They sold the device.. Working... And in perfect condition to you.. You are the one who broke it.

That's like buying a car and wrecking it and the dealer is supposed to cover it?..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Last edited by Almeuit; 07-11-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    UJ95x and Rhyalus like this.

If you bought insurance, then it should be covered. But the warranty doesn't cover physical damage. Of note, HTC advantage does cover a broken screen within the first 6 months, Samsung and apple doesn't. So they seem to be better in that regard.

In any event, it is wise to read and understand the warranty before buying any product. If you don't agree then don't buy.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

From the warranty :

WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY? This Limited Warranty does not apply other than to the Product and Accessory. It therefore does not apply to any non-HTC equipment or any software whatsoever, whether developed by HTC or a third party, even if packaged with or installed on the Product or Accessory prior to purchase by You. Third party manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers may provide warranties for their own products and You may contact them directly for service. EVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY YOU PURCHASED, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY: 1. if the Product serial number, the Accessory date code, the IMEI/MEID number, the water indicator, or the warranty seal (void label) has been removed, erased, defaced, or altered, or is illegible; 2. to any deterioration of the cosmetic appearance of the Product or Accessory due to normal wear and tear; 3. to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are reasonably expected to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a malfunction. 4. to malfunctions caused by the battery being improperly installed by You or another person or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken 3 or show evidence of tampering, or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than that for which it has been specified; 5. to malfunctions caused by electrical surges or other electrical current problems that are not the fault of the Product or Accessory; 6. to use not in accordance with the user manual, rough handling, exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal or environmental conditions or a rapid change in such conditions, corrosion or oxidation; 7. to unauthorized modifications or connections, unauthorized opening, repair by use of unauthorized spare parts, or repair by an unauthorized person or location; 8. to accidents, forces of nature, or other actions beyond the reasonable control of HTC (including but not limited to deficiencies in consumable parts) unless the defect was caused directly by a malfunction; 9. to physical damage to the surface of the Product or Accessory, including but not limited to cracks or scratches on the LCD screen or camera lens; 10. to the function of a wireless network or other system. HTC does not warrant that the operation of the Product or Accessory will be uninterrupted or error-free. HTC makes no warranty regarding the speed or quality of service provided by a wireless service provider; 11. where the software loaded on the Product, including but not limited to the operating system, needs to be upgraded due to changes in cellular network parameters or the availability of an updated operating system, if such updates can be loaded by You; 12. to any Product in which the bootloader has been unlocked, or in which the operating system has been altered, including any failed attempts to unlock the bootloader or alter the operating system, regardless whether such modifications are authorized, approved, or otherwise sanctioned by HTC; or 13. to malfunctions caused by the use of the Product or Accessory with or connection of the Product to an accessory not approved or provided by HTC or used in any way other than its intended use and where such defect is not the fault of the Product itself. Many companies sell accessories such as internal or external batteries, rapid chargers, or signal boosters that may look

http://www.htc.com/us/support/warranty-statement.html

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3