How to take Google Music All Access with me on a run?

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a Note 3. We subscribe to Google Music All Access and download a lot of music to our phones. We both run, I use an old Apple Shuffle for my music. She wants to use music that we've downloaded through the All Access service. She does NOT want to carry her Note 3 while running (and can't say I blame her -- I don't run with my Moto X).

In an ideal world, there would be a portable media player similar in size to the shuffle that is compatible with Google Music. She doesn't want to go back to iTunes because she gets her latest music from All Access.

The closest thing I've found is a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Player 3.6 on ebay for $75 or so (assuming it runs on Android 2.3, which Google claims it does).

Are there any other alternatives?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for a newer device, take a look at something like the Moto G through Amazon. Use it like a Wi-Fi device if you have no interest in connecting it to Verizon prepaid - It's $75 on Amazon, no contract.

Let us know what you end up using.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, we actually already have a Moto G in our family -- it's a bit too big to run with. I do hate to spend $75 on a 2.3 device, but the Samsung is both smaller (in all directions) and lighter by a good bit.

A regular MP3 player doesn't work because Google Music does not allow you to download songs (to mp3) if you have not purchased them or uploaded them. With All Access you can search for songs, add them to your library and "download" them to your (Android) device, but you can't obviously move them anywhere else.