Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Tim

Default Nook Android Root?

I want to know if I can root my android nook. It's product name is "NOOK HDplus" software version is 2.2.0 .
  2. Best Answer

XDA is another forums site. Their focus is for developers, I.e. ROMs and root. The only set of instructions I found were confusing, even for me, and I an familiar with rooting.
    I am sure there is a root method, but from what I understand, Nooks and Kindles are difficult to do so.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Global Posts
    20,752 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Nook Android Root?

I found some stuff on XDA, however the instructions are so vague and confusing, I couldn't follow them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I've never rooted before so Idk what any of that means, please re-explain, highly appreciated. (more specifically, could someone send me instructions or something.) Again, appreciated.

Global Posts
    20,752 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

XDA is another forums site. Their focus is for developers, I.e. ROMs and root. The only set of instructions I found were confusing, even for me, and I an familiar with rooting.
    I am sure there is a root method, but from what I understand, Nooks and Kindles are difficult to do so.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

What Golfdriver said. That's some specialty stuff mostly due to it being heavily firmwared Android. (The manufacturer overwrites huge areas of Android code). Your model is the "ovation" variation. Match that to ROM compatibility.

Google is your friend here, and YouTube. Search around. I found a Mokee ROM thread and lots of CyanogenMod stuff in just a few minutes. There are ROMS out there. Check YouTube videos to see how they act. There is usually a URL for the developer's thread attc hed to the YouTube vidz.

Here's one free:

Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
    Thanked by: