My Note 3 keeps saying that the dock is connected when its not connected to anything. It also wont charge.

A

AC Question

My Note 3 keeps saying that the dock is connected when its not connected to anything. It also wont charge.

my phone randomly started saying that the back is connected when nothing was connected in it. it keeps saying that the dock is connected when I am charging it as well. I haven't dropped my phone and it hasn't gpt wet or anything. I connected the usb to the laptop to download my photos incase my phone stops working but nothing is happening, except that it is charging, but disconnects a little. it also keeps saying that I need to download an app so that I can share power and I have no idea what that means because I don't want it to share power.
any advise on how I could get it to charge again? and how to get it to stop saying that the dock is connected (when its not)?

FxEpic

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: my note 3 keeps saying that the dock is connected when its not connected toanything and wont cha

I had this happen today 1/12/15 also. Just after an update from a Samsung app. I didn't catch the name of it. Suddenly both chargers (one is OEM Note3 the other aftermarket that I've been using for a year) are intermittently charging with a short buzz.... And the "dock is connected" notice. Never asked for it and can't seem to find a setting to turn the thing off!! A wipe and re-boot is a last option. Hate having to reload everything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my note 3 keeps saying that the dock is connected when its not connected toanything and wont cha

Before yo u do anything, check the charger port. If there's dirt in it, blow it out (with a vacuum cleaner, not your mouth - breath is moist, and you don't want moisture in there). A short in the port (conductive dirt) can cause both symptoms. It could just be coincidental with the update. (It could also be the update - I'm not ruling that out. But blowing out dirt is a lot easier and less work than a factory reset and resetting the whole phone up - even if you have everything backed up.)

Jameson Smith

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site

This worked for me. Exact same symptoms as above. Blew out the port, no current issues. Also had two samsung apps install at the same time as the dock issue starting and suspect that was an effect rather than a cause (apps to support the docking capability, maybe?)

Bella Bell2

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: my note 3 keeps saying that the dock is connected when its connected to the charger

This just happened to me last night 2/11/15.. and I have messed with the settings and the charger and nothing is happening. Its still notifies me that its connected to the dock and i already restarted the phone..please help.....

chloelouise20

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Mine is doing the exact same as this as has been for about a month! I can only charge it when turned off else it starts bleeping saying the dock is plugged in & when I plug it into the computer it doesn't even register :( helppppp

Zoie G-Saryan

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

my phone randomly started saying that the back is connected when nothing was connected in it. it keeps saying that the dock is connected when I am charging it as well. I haven't dropped my phone and it hasn't gpt wet or anything. I connected the usb to the laptop to download my photos incase my phone stops working but nothing is happening, except that it is charging, but disconnects a little. it also keeps saying that I need to download an app so that I can share power and I have no idea what that means because I don't want it to share power.
any advise on how I could get it to charge again? and how to get it to stop saying that the dock is connected (when its not)?

nisar karim

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

My mobile shows the dock is connected when I connected for charging I think its due to short in charger port bcz today I use my mobile in bathroom due to water this is happening ....... now how can I solve this issue....

lozscott71

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

Just uninstalled carousel and reset Gmail back to factory settings. Restarted my phone and guess what? My phone now charges properly. I will reinstall both and see what happens

luCky bilal

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

uuuhhhh what is this dock my phone is suck its happen toDay after update apps from samsung app store.
whats is this help me plzz

gxo666

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

It was the Gmail update that caused my phone to go haywire. After unistalling the update my note 3 came back to normal. No more dock status in charging and power sharing cable connected message in notification.