Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy s3 water damage

Yesterday when I was walking in from the car my water bottle leaked onto my Galaxy s3. As soon as noticed (I think the phone switched off) I pulled the battery and tried to dry out the water. I didn't realize this was the WORST thing to do so I tried to turn it on, got the vibration it makes when turning on but no lights anywhere on the phone - plus a nice sizzling sound. I pulled the battery again and put it in rice for 24 hours. Just tried to turn it on. No sizzling, and it will turn on, LED goes on, arrow keys light up, but the screen is black.

Is it worth sticking it back in rice for another day or did I probably fry something?

Default Re: Galaxy s3 water damage

Yes...

The rice immersion should be for at least 48 or even 72 hours. Back off, battery out, SIM card and SD card removed. Put all those parts in that rice tub and make sure each is surrounded by rice, not just laying on it.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed