Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimus Freezing issue

I have just recently reset my phone,and when ever I open my Messaging app the app freezes,and is non responsive. When I restarted it,I Noticed the messageing app working for a few seconds,but that was it. I barly have any texts sent,and it just started today. I'm unsure of why it started. The only thing I did was log into my Skype.

Default Re: Optimus Freezing issue

Welcome to Android Central! Which Optimus is it, and running what version of Android? When you say you reset the phone, do you mean a full factory reset? Was there a reason for the reset--was the phone malfunctioning beforehand?

Go to Settings>Apps>All​, select the Messaging app, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, and Force Stop. Then open it again and see how it works.
    Daniel anthony2 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

1: I tihnk its the Optimus L3. If thats what you're looking for.
    2: Not too sure :I
    3. YeS I did a factory reset,because it was moving a bit slower,but not much.
    4. The reason I reset it was because it sometimes freezes and just gives me a black screeen. That doesn't seem to have been fixed :I
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

1: I tihnk its the Optimus L3. If thats what you're looking for.
    2: Not too sure :I
    3. YeS I did a factory reset,because it was moving a bit slower,but not much.
    4. The reason I reset it was because it sometimes freezes and just gives me a black screeen. That doesn't seem to have been fixed :I

You can find the Android version in Settings>About Phone>Android Version.

Do you have a microSD card inserted? Sometimes if an SD card gets corrupted, it can affect phone performance. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage​), remove it, and reboot.