Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wiping a ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 Phone.

I am selling my Tracfone ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phone to a friend. I moved up to a Nexus 5 smartphone with T-Mobile. What do I do to remove my data from the phone? I know that I must go to my Tracfone account and declare the phone inactive. But what about my Google account? What about the apps? I use the same Google account on my Nexus 7 2013 Tablet, my Nexus 7 2012 Tablet, my Nexus 5 smartphone as well as the ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phone. So I can't just close the account. What do I do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Wiping a ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 Phone.

If you do a full factory data reset, it will wipe the phone. Theoretically, someone with very high-end hacking equipment might be able to retrieve some data after a factory data reset, but this would be the kind of equipment that law enforcement would use. In general use, it's a very reliable way of removing your data. Just remember to take out any microSD card.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
    StLouisMan2 likes this.