Droid 4 has completely stopped working

A

AC Question

At the beginning of July, around the 4th, my droid 4 started to act very funny. Every time I slid the keyboard open; the screen would go black and nothing would work except for the lights under the keyboard and the four icons lights at the bottom. I slid my phone back to close the keyboard but, once again, nothing but the lights would work. I reboot the droid by holding down the on/off button and the volume down button; the droid worked again but the keyboard would not. Every time I opened the keyboard the same issue occurred so I stopped using it. However, when placed inside my pocket, if the droid slightly opened the keyboard just a little bit the same issue would occur. After a few days, if this would happen again, the battery would also become completely drained and the phone would die. I would sometimes reboot the phone at least 5 times a day, if not more.

That was only the beginning. My problem now is, my phone acted up once again and completely shut off but now it won't turn on at all. I held down the on/off button and down arrow like before, and at times for longer periods of time, but no response. I thought maybe the phone died so I placed it on a portable charger, which indicated that it was charging, but the phone never turned on. I then hooked it up to the wall charger and let it sit for at least an hour but it's still not turning on. The nearest Verizon store is at least an hour away. I am not able to upgrade my phone until September and I kind of need my phone in mid August because I use it as a GPS and have to drive 14 hours home from Minnesota to Ohio. Please can someone give me some guidance or advice on what to do. I have tried taking out the SID card; removing and reinserting before attempting reboot.

Kelcie

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Afraid it didn't work. After many hours of consideration, I purchased a Droid Maxx and will receive it on Monday. Thanks for the assistance! I know where to turn next time I need help :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2