Can connect to certain domain with mobile data, but not WiFi
Hi, my problem is an odd one, and it was working until a day ago.
I have a Desire S with HTC's ICS rom (4.0.1), no root.
- for one specific domain, the phone will only connect/load the page if I am on mobile broadband, never on WiFi. On WiFi, the message is the same as if I wasn't connected at all
- other websites work fine over WiFi
- the problematic site works fine when I use another device (Kitkat tablet) in the same network.
- I've tried it from a friend's WiFi too, same issue, so it is not the WiFi.
- just to be sure I rebooted the router, no help.
- it happens on all Browsers and apps that try to connect to it, both for web and DAV, so it's not related to just one app
- I've already powered off and rebooted, no change
- tried clearing browser chache, (even though it's not limited to one browser) Predictably, no effect.
I'm out of ideas what to try. It's annoying, and a bit baffling.
Any solutions involving root access are unfortunately out of the question, as it is a company phone.
It stopped working from one minute to the next and there were no updatesinstalled during that time.
Re: Can connect to certain domain with mobile data, but not WiFi
Try requesting the desktop version of the site in the browser options.