Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    lbennet1

Default Help,switching Launchers ?

Every time I hit the home button, the screen pops up asking if I want to use "TouchWiz Easy Home" or "TouchWiz Home." I select TouchWiz and another popup explains the path to settings if I change my mind. That wouldn't be a problem once, but every time? Annoying! Any ideas, folks?

Default re: Help,switching Launchers ?

Click the "always" button.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forgot to say, Samsung S5

I do, but 30 seconds later when I hit hime, same process starts again. Hitting always doesn't help longer than 1 mins (max) between hitting hime button.

Sorry for typos. Very frustrated right now.

Default Re: Help,switching Launchers ?

Go to the application manager and clear cache on touchwiz and easy touch wiz.

Also try to clear cache in recovery

Cleared cache in Applications -》Application Manager -》All. Unfortunately, I also "forced stop." Didn't realize this would reset the whole deal. Now my organized apps are all back to default.

One, can this be reversed?

Two, not sure how to clear cache in recovery? Would someone mind to provide a pathway?

Three, can the TouchWiz apps be deleted, as to just eliminate the issue? If so, what replacement is recommended?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by lbennet1 View Post
    Cleared cache in Applications -》Application Manager -》All. Unfortunately, I also "forced stop." Didn't realize this would reset the whole deal. Now my organized apps are all back to default.

One, can this be reversed?

Two, not sure how to clear cache in recovery? Would someone mind to provide a pathway?

Three, can the TouchWiz apps be deleted, as to just eliminate the issue? If so, what replacement is recommended?

Thanks again!
    Sorry, didn't realize that clearing cache could cause it to reset the layout. I don't believe that there is a way to get it back.

To clear cache in recovery, turn the phone off, then simultaneously press the power, home, and volume up button until the blue text appears. Then use the volume keys to scroll down to clear cache and use the power button to execute. When done, press the power button again to restart.

You would need root to disable touchwiz.

You can also clear all app preferences in the application manager.

ROM
    Stock

I use Nova Launder Pro on all my devices. Smooth as silk & highly customizable. Plus gives me consistency on all my devices. My daughter installed it on her SGS4 & loves it. Give the free version a try. At least you will be able to tell if the issue you are having still happens with a 3rd party launcher too.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Thanks for your help, folks.

So, installed NOVA. Only change is it is now the third option when the window pops up after hitting home button. TouchWiz Home, TouchWiz Easy Home or NOVA Launcher are the three options given now.

Regardless of which of the three are selected, always is selected, the next window is the pathway on how to change the setting in settings.

If I knew how to post screenshots I would, as I have captured them.

Any other thoughts for fixing this VERY annoying problem would be MUCH appreciated!

P. S. Verizon swapped out my S5 and as soon as I logged in and the new phone recognized my profile, the EXACT same issue occurred.

Thanks again!