Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default SD Card erased!?

My Motorola RAZR told me that there was an update available. I downloaded the update. Since then, it seems like my SD card has been erased. I had over 3500 songs on that card! When I go into my settings, it tells me to insert a card for mounting. The card is in the slot. My phone doesn't seem to recognize that the card is present. Putting the card in another phone, I get the same thing. I have contacted Motorola support 5 times in the past month, and no reply whatsoever. Thanks Motorola! Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: SD Card erased!?

Hello. Sorry for the delay.
    While waiting for an intelligent answer - why not, if you have a pc, save your music to a pc folder.
    Beforehand, move any apps on the card back to the device if there is room, save any other files, and format the card.
    You should still have had access to your music if the card is functioning, though you don't say what files the are, Google music, wma files etc.
    Do you know what the update was and what version of Android you were on before?