HP 7 Plus Jelly Bean
Just bought this tablet(still unopened in case i wanna return it, paid 85 at bestbuy) and wanted to find out if it will be upgraded to Kit Kat. Haven't had android devices for a few years so I'm not sure how this works these days. Does Google upgrade or is it the manufacturer, i.e. HP. If anyone else has this HP 7 Plus, how do you like it? Thanks
- 07-12-2014, 09:55 PM #2
Re: HP 7 Plus Jelly Bean
Google makes source code available for different versions. The manufacturers make the updates if they are interested. Then if there is a carrier, as in phones, they take a pass at it. Google only puts out upgrades for Nexus devices and Google Play Store Edition devices.
I wouldn't look for the HP 7 Plus to get Kit Kat from HP.
As for the tablet... It's pretty much on par with other bargain tablets. I don't have one, but am looking at the specs. I would say one advantage it should have over other Allwinner tablets is an HP warranty. (Allwinner is a CPU maker famous in the bargain level tablet world.) You get what you pay for, right? Should be fine for casual use. So long as you don't use it as a media server or a high level gaming unit.Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
- By Tex_Norseman in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 15Last Post: 07-18-2014, 06:14 PM
- By Rickgsx in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-12-2014, 05:43 PM
- By ananu in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:48 AM
- By xBens in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 12:43 AM