Samsung MicroSD 32GB slow?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919), and I recently purchased a Samsung Evo 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SD card. When I run the A1 SD Bench app, it shows Read speeds of 16MB/s and Write speeds of 11MB/s. It seems to be a bit slow seeing as the advertised read speeds were up to 48MB/s!
Should I return this card for another one?
- 09-04-2014, 01:17 AM #2
- 09-04-2014, 01:31 AM #3
- 223 Posts
Re: Samsung MicroSD 32GB slow?
Your write and read speed will depend on the equipment that is used. This card is rated as class 10 UHS-1 so as long as your equipment is designed for UHS-1 you will get the maximum read and write speed. The class 10 rating promises at least 10 MB/s write speed, but I measured it at closer to 18 MB/s. The advertised read speed is 48 MB/s. In order to see this kind or read and write speed on a computer, you will need a high speed card reader, or a USB 3 external card reader. If you're using this in a phone, you won't get the maximum speed unless your phone is designated UHS-1 compliant and the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not.
For now no smartphone supports UHS-1, even S5 or HTC ONE(M8)LG-isai
- 09-04-2014, 02:24 AM #4Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2014, 03:23 AM
- By DavidV1323 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2014, 01:09 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 06:25 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 06:08 PM