Samsung MicroSD 32GB slow?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919), and I recently purchased a Samsung Evo 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SD card. When I run the A1 SD Bench app, it shows Read speeds of 16MB/s and Write speeds of 11MB/s. It seems to be a bit slow seeing as the advertised read speeds were up to 48MB/s!
Should I return this card for another one?
- 09-04-2014, 02:17 AM #2
- 09-04-2014, 02:31 AM #3
- 222 Posts
Re: Samsung MicroSD 32GB slow?
Your write and read speed will depend on the equipment that is used. This card is rated as class 10 UHS-1 so as long as your equipment is designed for UHS-1 you will get the maximum read and write speed. The class 10 rating promises at least 10 MB/s write speed, but I measured it at closer to 18 MB/s. The advertised read speed is 48 MB/s. In order to see this kind or read and write speed on a computer, you will need a high speed card reader, or a USB 3 external card reader. If you're using this in a phone, you won't get the maximum speed unless your phone is designated UHS-1 compliant and the Samsung Galaxy S4 is not.
For now no smartphone supports UHS-1, even S5 or HTC ONE(M8)
- 09-04-2014, 03:24 AM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2014, 04:23 AM
- By DavidV1323 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2014, 02:09 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 11:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 07:25 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 07:08 PM