Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 3 Post By krijmo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default LG G3 keyboard issue.

I've been stalking this phone since the rumors started in the spring. I'm so happy to finally have it, but...
    I keep seeing a keyboard icon at the top of the screen. I swipe from top to get to the pull down menu and it says choose input method for LG keyboard. And I did this already. But it keeps coming back. Any ideas?

Posted from my LG G3

Default Re: LG G3 keyboard issue.

I have a Samsung, but there probably is a defaults / clear defaults setting. Try also the language and input settings. You can go to the keyboard App Info and see if there is a default there.
    I know of at least 2 good people in these forums with the G3, and they would be happy to help in the G3 forum. One also looks in here.
    Exaggerating since 756 BC
    belodion likes this.

It's always goi g to be there by default, it helps to switch in between keyboards if u decide u wanna download another one.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 👍📱

My G3 shows no such icon but there's far more I don't know about the phone than do because it's a very recent acquisition. Have you poked about in Settings>General>Language &Input?

(By an odd coincidence, 20min ago I had a Keyboard update on the Nexus 5 I am using to post this, and I find that things are slightly different.)

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by krijmo View Post
    I've been stalking this phone since the rumors started in the spring. I'm so happy to finally have it, but...
    I keep seeing a keyboard icon at the top of the screen. I swipe from top to get to the pull down menu and it says choose input method for LG keyboard. And I did this already. But it keeps coming back. Any ideas?

Posted from my LG G3
    Typically any time you're typing you will see that little keyboard in your notification. This allows you (while typing) to easily switch keyboards.

I use Google keyboard but with a quick pulldown I could switch back to the native keyboard or any other I may have loaded

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    24,218 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Posted from my LG G3
    Do you have more than one keyboard? Google, Swiftkey? That notification should only be there if you have more than one keyboard app.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Yeah yeah I get it. Of course I looked in the settings. I've been all over this phone. I've seen this in forums with the nexus. I wonder if it's the LG one. Its really annoying to see it come up all the time on the top left of my screen.

Posted from my LG G3

Yeah yeah I get it. Of course I looked in the settings. I've been all over this phone. I've seen this in forums with the nexus. I wonder if it's the LG one. Its really annoying to see it come up all the time on the top left of my screen.
    It isn't only an LG thing, it has the same indicator/switch prompt on my Samsung (S3).
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

You know what? I'm totally retarded. It comes up when I'm using the keyboard. Its a learning process. Thanks for everyone's help. I've had androids before, but I've had an iPhone for the last 2 years

Posted from my LG G3
    ffejjj, parapluie and Madd54 like this.

hi, I have an issue with my keyboard, I just bought the phone LG G3 a week ago and today the keyboard disappeared I couldn't use it for any app or text, I restarted and now it is working again but I don't know for how long.. should I worry? any idea? should I send the phone back?
    many thanks