Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Android not receiving text messages

Andid stopped reciving text messages

Default Re: Android not receiving text messages

Welcome to Android Central! Give more details, please. Which phone, which wireless service, which messaging app. Stock messaging vs other service like WhatsApp? How's your cell reception? Have you spoken with your wireless provider?

Same thing is happening to me. I will be texting back and forth and then all of a sudden I don't get their texts anymore. The only way I know they sent them is that I can see in on my carrier's logs and they can show me screen shots of their texts on their phones. Works fine then just stops

Info:
    - Nexus 5
    - AT&T
    - Only AT&T texts, all others work fine including Google Voice (or so I think, not sure how to tell I haven't gotten texts I don't get)
    - AT&T opened up a case after repeated calls, trying all sorts of resets, new sim card, etc. They aren't sure but will get back to me by 7/16. Right now they think it is the phone.
    - I use Hangouts
    - Tried going back to 3G from LTE and turning Wifi to "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Never. Doesn't seem to help but to early to tell for the second change.

I'm having the same problem

Nexus 5 32GB - AT&T
    Replaced SIM twice
    Tried LTE, 3G, and 2G same result
    Replaced phone once
    Factory reset 5+ times
    Spent a month and a half with AT&T on the phone to have them tell me the the nexus 5 is a unlocked phone and they won't help me anymore....