Brand new galaxy ace - google play not working

TheJosieB

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My mums just bought a galaxy ace and we've been going through the set up, connected to wifi and connected her google play to her gmail account and as soon as we connected her account it started loading however nothing has come up. We've restarted the phone, installed all updates and tried to load it again but nothing is happening.
It's definitely connected to the internet as her emails and other apps are all working it's just google play that won't load. Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.
Josie

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My mums just bought a galaxy ace and we've been going through the set up, connected to wifi and connected her google play to her gmail account and as soon as we connected her account it started loading however nothing has come up. We've restarted the phone, installed all updates and tried to load it again but nothing is happening.
It's definitely connected to the internet as her emails and other apps are all working it's just google play that won't load. Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.
Josie

Hello and Welcome to Android Central.

Do you mean no apps are appearing but you are logged in to Play on the Play app, or are you sending apps from a pc. It may not recognise your device yet. Try your mum's Play account on a pc if you can and search for your devices. There's also a help section link from the app.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

TheJosieB

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for such a quick reply! We're on the device itself and when we open Gplay no apps are loading at all. From the moment we entered her gmail details and said go, nothing has loaded apart from the top search bar.

So to my understanding from your email we should try going into her gmail only laptop and linking her device through there, is that correct?

Many thanks,
Josie

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for such a quick reply! We're on the device itself and when we open Gplay no apps are loading at all. From the moment we entered her gmail details and said go, nothing has loaded apart from the top search bar.

So to my understanding from your email we should try going into her gmail only laptop and linking her device through there, is that correct?

Many thanks,
Josie

No forget my rubbish above for now.

It's probably the Download Manager app. It needs to be enabled, turned on. Have a look at that first.
Settings General Applications Manager scroll to All - Download Manager.

ymanunu7.jpg

4asanu3y.jpg
yhyjeseb.jpg
rynyqe9u.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech