Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default When to put on battery saver mode

Hey all!

I currently have a moto G (about a week old now) . I charge my phone once a day;trying to keep it between 35%-85% charge.I usually get by it for a day with moderate use. However I still like to extend my battery a bit.
    So here are my doubts. What does the battery saver mode actually do? And can I put my phone on battery saver mode even with 70% charge?

Thanks!
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hey all!

I currently have a moto G (about a week old now) . I charge my phone once a day;trying to keep it between 35%-85% charge.I usually get by it for a day with moderate use. However I still like to extend my battery a bit.
    So here are my doubts. What does the battery saver mode actually do? And can I put my phone on battery saver mode even with 70% charge?

Thanks!
    You can turn the battery saver on and leave it. It doesn't kick in until about 15% left. What it does is cuts the screen brightness down, and limits the CPU until you get it plugged in.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: When to put on battery saver mode

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hey all!

Thanks!
    You can turn the battery saver on and leave it. It doesn't kick in until about 15% left. What it does is cuts the screen brightness down, and limits the CPU until you get it plugged in.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here